wow are you really looking for a fight bitch
i think the two most important rules of fandom are
- don’t judge the fandom by the fan
- don’t judge the fan by the fandom
I’M LOOKING AT YOU MATT
but actually plaid button up shirts with the sleeves rolled to the elbows are universally attractive
- Choke. Just think about it, seriously. Think about what choking is and imagine speaking while it’s happening. That would fuckin’ hurt, man.
- Hiss. Look, it’s just not possible, okay? No matter how “evil” you want your character to seem.
- Snarl. Animals snarls. The Beast from Beauty and the Beast snarls. The Hulk snarls. You know who doesn’t snarl? PEOPLE WHEN THEY’RE SPEAKING.
- Shriek. Come on, 99% of the time, “shriek” is not the word you want.Let’s face it: if you put an exclamation point at the end of the sentence, your reader gets the picture. Don’t bring to mind banshees and screaming toddlers.
- Sneer. I’m not even going to bother explaining this one. “SNEER” ISN’T EVEN A SOUND.
Choked is not meant to be taken literally, an obstruction in the throat. It means they’re having difficultly speaking, they’re forcing the words out with difficulty. Often used when the character is convulsed in tears or laughter.
Hiss is a low, threatening whisper. Raw, guttural, vicious. It is NOT a literal hiss like an animal, it is a tone of voice that serves the same function. Someone will hiss that they’re going to cut your throat- a message from one person to the other.
Snarl is the same kind of thing. Not literal, it’s a tone of voice that serves the same function. It’s raw and gutteral like a hiss, but more savage than vicious. It’s loud, it’s showy, it’s intimidating. It’s very alpha male, big man, look at how fucking dangerous I am. I’ll take ALL of you on. Even if they’re snarling at one person in particular, nobody better back them up or they’re gonna get fucked up too.
Shriek. Come on, seriously? We’ve all heard people shriek either in fear or outrage. High pitched, loud, out of control, feminine. Men can shriek, but it’s funny and emasculating. Think angry italian women throwing pots and pans or ladies on tables who just saw a mouse.
Sneering is contempt whether it’s a facial expression or a tone of voice or both. There are a hundred different ways to sneer with your voice, but it all adds up to the same thing.
How descriptive words work 101
yeah but guys
Stevie (Lulu Antariksa) from “How to Rock”
is your face
i don’t understand
how you can be
Why should One Direction fans get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under their big feet? What’s so great about One Direction? iCarly is just as cute as One Direction. Okay, iCarly is just as smart as One Direction. People totally like iCarly just as much as they like One Direction. And when did it become OK for One Direction fans to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that’s not what the Tumblr is about! We should totally just stab One Direction fans !